ACDA Student Members
Current Student Initiatives (in participating states only; some restrictions apply):
"Joining ACDA was a no-brainer freshman year. Now, I can't imagine my life as a professional without it. I just graduated college with a degree in music education, and I'm currently on the job application flow, just like every other grad. But, I've got connections across the state, and personal ties with the state chapter that will constantly be a reminder to go above and beyond to promote my profession."
- Tyler Boyle, New York member
Get a Head Start in Your Profession
Take a look at just a few of the member benefits for students!
- Choral publications like Choral Journal (our flagship monthly journal) & ChorTeach (practical teaching ideas for today's music educator) - devoted entirely to choral music and conducting.
- ACDA Career Center at acda.careerwebsite.com - Create your free profile, select your interests, and remain anonymous until you give permission to be identified. You can search conducting and choral position listings, create emailed job alerts when new postings are added, or upload a résumé to our confidential database – even import from LinkedIn.
- Develop connections in-state and nationally.
- Join or start an ACDA Student Chapter on your campus. Instructions and resources are on this page.
- State, division & national conferences, where performance is king and you will find new repertoire, colleagues, and inspiration.
- Stay connected to your profession as you move into the classroom, and access classroom resources.
- The ACDA Mentoring Program is running nationally. Learn more at mentoring.acda.org.